This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago...
in Dera ismail khan
Job Title: Field Assistant
Total Position: 1
Job Type: Fixed Term Appointment (FTA) ( firstshift )
Job Location: Dera ismail khan
Minimum Education: Intermediate
Degree Title: Candidates should have Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
Career Level: GL-6
Minimum Experience: 6 Years(Job experience relevant to the function.)
Work Permit: Pakistan
Apply By: Sep 2, 2010
Posted On: Aug 27, 2010
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Operations Coordinator and overall guidance of the Head of Sub-Office, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Participate in inter-agency needs assessment missions in areas of return needs;
2. Monitor UNHCR's operations in return areas - Protection and Shelter assistance;
3. Monitor implementation of UNHCR-supported projects and advise on improvement in implementation;
4. Keep regular contracts with local authorities and implementing partners in the area of operation;
5. Act as interpreter when required;
6. Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing info., preparing tables, etc.;
7. Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during their field mission;
8. Monitor IDPs movements in planned and spontaneously camps;
9. Analyze problems faced by IDPs in the camps;
10. Inform and act on the reports received on IDPs within the community or from the local authorities;
11. Perform other duties as required.
Candidate should have excellent knowledge of English, Dari, Pashto and Urdu languages (written/ oral/ comprehension).
Recent jobs at UNHCR